Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Moments in Gettysburg

Sometimes I get what the Lord is trying to tell me and sometimes I don't.  This winter I have been painfully made aware of just how many moments slip by and are never to be recovered again.  But that's for another blog on another day.  This week I tried to be more intentional in my living and recognize the importance of individual moments by recording them.  Since my darling daughter needed an appointment with her orthodontist and he is conveniently located in beautiful Gettysburg PA; I was blessed with a trip up to see friends.  Let me share with you a few of my moments while hanging out in Gettysburg this week. 

Happiest Moment?  Pulling safely into Len’s driveway after driving over 5 hours through rain, sleet, snow and rush hour traffic.

Gladest Moment (Lisa is that even a real word?)?  That happened 5 years ago when my Dad finally blessed me with a sister! It took til I was 49 to get one, but I say better late then never!!

Most Harrowing Moment?  When I realized I shouldn’t have decided to drive by our old house in the dark.  Remember it had been sleeting and snowing all evening.  And you have to drive up 2 BIG hills, around a downhill curve, and then down a hill to get to the house.  Actually the moment happened when I was almost to the top of that biggest hill and realized I would have to come back down it.  I remembered why I don't like roller coaster rides during that moment also.  

Smelliest Moment?  Insisting to Katy that we just had to go into Kennie’s to smell the wonderful smells.  Apparently, the smells at night are not the same as the one’s that have always greeted me earlier in the days on my previous trips.  She was most unimpressed. 

Most Humbling Moment?  That 3 friends would give up a whole day and night of their lives to just hang out with me!!

Funniest moment #1?  When my Springhouse Spread lunch that was highly recommended by Lisa was served and she exclaimed:  “Well that doesn’t look like what Wayne and I always order;.  Oh dear, we actually order Adam’s Delight….  I’m so sorry”  It was OK – I thoroughly enjoyed my Springhouse Spread!  For those of you wondering - lunch was at the Dobbin House down in the quaint cellar tavern.

Funniest Moment #2? Walking out of Len’s house and her asking me if I wanted her to drive  to Needle & Thread – Well I guess you would only realize this was funny if you knew I didn’t have a car with meI love that now I know I’m not the only one that says stuff like this!

Fun Moments?  Going with Len to Needle and Thread to pick out quilt fabrics.

Hardest moment?  Making the decision to not fill every moment.  I always want to fit everyone in each trip; but this trip I felt led to limit myself to a core of 3 and had to make hard choices. 

Most tender moments?  Chatting with my niece about high school coming to a close and her excitement for the next phase of life to begin.

Sadest Moment?  As Katy turned onto 15 South outside of the Outlets.  Always a tearful time as reality sets back in.

Most poignant moment?  Seeing the results of following God-ordained footsteps and realizing what we would have missed had we not gone around the block and stopped in to say a quick Hi to our favorite old neighbor. 

Sweetest Moment?  Auntie Ann’s cinnamon and sugar pretzel bites.  My belly still hurts hours later from all that sweetness!

Awkward Moment?  11:30 pm when I realized I hadn’t called dear hubby all day.  I just got so caught up in living every moment that I plum forgot about him.  How embarrassing is that!

Most Aggravating Moment?  None, I just made a decision I was not going to have any!  However, Katy would probably tell you it was that moment when I was supposed to be navigating on our trip home and we somehow got off of Route 15S and were heading somewhere west.

Best Hug Moment?  Hmmm.. this is hard cause all my friends are great huggers, but this trip I think it has to go to Judy; what a hugger she is; words just wouldn’t do it justice.  But everyone else was a close second!!

Strangest Moment?  When I decided I looked better with a big black mustache….  Words won’t do it justice; you’ll have to check out my Facebook page for the picture.

And that my friends is another peek into LifeWithCheryl on the NorthernNeck!

No comments:

Post a Comment