Sunday, July 29, 2012

Books and Me!

What a senior moment when technically I'm not even a senior yet.  I wanted to post a status on FB and decided it was rather long so I would just blog it.  By the time my computer loaded my blog site, I had already thought so many other things that now I have forgotten what I was going to say that I thought was worthy of your time!  Oh, now I remember...

I have realized that I should be very careful of what I read.  Several years ago, I think it might even have been close to 4 by now, our fearless leader of my famous Micah Ladies (or infamous?  just kidding ladies!) decided we would read "Quaker Summer" by Lisa Samson for our devotion studies.  It was life changing for me and my family.  Me? Because I read it and God spoke to me.  My family?  Because clearly I heard God tell me to give all of our dishes (among other things) to a family that was victim to a house fire and buy 3 plastic plates and 3 plastic bowls to use until we moved.  The rest of that story is for another day.   This past week I read "Ireland Rose" by Patricia Strefling set in the 1800's.  Many of their meals were described as pulling off a chunk of bread, a hunk of cheese and an apple.  Last week I picked up a loaf of delicious looking Pumpernickle bread from the Walmart bakery.  For lunch the past few days I have enjoyed a chunk of bread, a hunk of cheese and an apple.  Yes, I have walked on the wild side - I did not cut off a slice of bread, I just tore off a nice large piece.  No butter, mayo, or other spreads:  after all they weren't used in the book either.  It has been a welcome change from sandwiches, yogurt, or peanut butter crackers.  So, I'm wondering what my next novel and adventure will be about.  Any suggestions for a good book?  Please just keep in mind that I will imitate some part of the book so please be careful with your suggestions!!

And that my friends, is another day in the Life with Cheryl!



1 comment: