Monday, August 13, 2012

To breathe or not to breathe - oh the choices we must make...


For the second time in two weeks, or more precisely 11 days, I have had a sinus migraine that nothing seems to help dissipate.  I used to take Sudafed until I was in my 40’s.   Then I started having a little problem after I took the Sudafed so I went to my husband’s urologist. He didn’t think it was funny when I told him my symptoms were identical to any man over 40 that you catch talking in the restroom.  Well, I didn’t really overhear them in the restroom but it is what they say.  But after a very expensive uncomfortable and for me scary outpatient procedure (OK, so it wasn’t really that bad, but for me anything near a doctor or hospital constitutes scary and uncomfortable) my doctor said not to take Sudafed anymore because it makes my prostate swell up real big and I can’t, as my sweet grandma would say – make water. OK, you got me, he didn’t exactly say that but he did say not to take Sudafed anymore if I want to use the water closet.    Then I figured out 3 Advil and some coke and voila!  In less than 10 minutes, complete relief from upset tummy and all other sinus issues.  Now, nothing seems to work and my head just spins.  Well not exactly my head, but what’s inside my head.  So imagine all those weird thoughts and conversations I have in my head and then putting them on that little merry-go-round that you played on as a kid and then you will see my problem.  It’s kind of a cross between being pregnant and a 3 day drunk.  Although I don’t recall ever being on a 3 day drunk, this is what I think it would feel like.  So, to P or not to P?   (haha, my attempt at Shakespearian humor)  Yep, I did.   I just took the Sudafed and ahhh.. the sweet relief of breathing!  Hey, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.  I will deal with tomorrow when tomorrow comes!

And that my friends, is  Life Wtih Cheryl on the Northern Neck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment